If you are advising a client who is considering a planned gift or bequest to The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, we welcome the opportunity to work with you in helping your client. Please use the resources and tools below and feel free to contact us any time for further information or assistance on a confidential basis.
Legal Name and Tax I.D. Number
All charitable gifts should be directed to “The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, a NY 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, charitable organization, Federal Tax Identification Number: 13-5562985.”
Consistent with safeguarding its own interests, The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art tries to make arranging a gift for Cooper’s benefit as easy as possible, and we strive to honor the intentions of all our donors. Accordingly, we hope the following will prove helpful:
- Click here for suggested bequest wording.
- For outright gifts for current use, Endowment, or the Annual Fund, please click here for securities transfer instructions.
- For stock transfer instructions to enter into a Charitable Gift Annuity, Charitable Remainder Trust, Pooled Income Fund, or Charitable Lead Trust, please first notify our Director of Gift Planning to ensure that you have received all of the necessary documents and have the appropriate specific instructions before initiating the transfer.
If one of your clients arranges an estate gift for the benefit of Cooper Union, we would very much appreciate knowing about the gift, both so we can express our sincere gratitude and – as noted above – so we can make sure we will be able to fulfill the donor’s wishes. Of course, we respect the fact that in some cases donors prefer to remain anonymous.
Still, if you are willing to serve as an intermediary, a client of yours can share information about his or her plans without divulging his or her identity.
- Click here to learn more about The Society of 1859.
- Click here for a confidential form that can be used in notifying The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art that an estate gift has been arranged for the foundation's benefit.
Finally, we want to be of assistance to you in any way we can, whether you are simply looking for general information about charitable giving, considering particular options on behalf of a particular client or needing our cooperation in the administration of a bequest or other type of planned gift.
- Contact us to discuss a potential – or even merely hypothetical – gift situation or to request a gift illustration.
- Try our online gift calculator.
- Click here for contact information pertaining to gift planning and gift administration at The Cooper Union.
Thank you for the work you do on behalf of our donors!